Monday, July 19, 2010

We are back home in Colorado! This trip was quite an experience for all of us. When I found out I was going to Texas for PBC, I screamed because I was so excited. But in the last couple of weeks before the trip, I started to feel less and less excited. I didn't really want to go. I didn't think that I would get anything out of it and I honestly thought it would be a waste of time. But it wasn't! I had a great time and I learned a lot. All of the people in our group learned that a great amount of patience is needed to deal with baby Christians. Teenagers don't just show up to church and know how to act - they need to be discipled. That doesn't mean that we have to beat them down and point out all of their flaws. Pastor Blake and the youth leader Paul lead by example in the church and show SO much patience with the teens and new converts. It made me realize that I need to reach out to new teens in youth and help them out, because not everyone is raised in church and knows how to represent Christ with respect. I'm so proud of the Denton church! In only 2 years they've grown so much! Their youth group is growing quickly, too! Praise God!
~Natalie ♥
P.S. - PBC was awesome :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment